Best Travel Purse 2017: Your Quick Buying Guide
Traveling can be fun and thrilling, but it cannot be denied that it also requires preparation. And no, I am not talking about the kind of preparation wherein you need to have a detailed itinerary specifying what you should do at a certain day or where you should be at a certain time. Rather, I am talking about being prepared in a sense that you will bring all the things that you need. In this case, one that you might want to have is the best travel purse.
My Top Picks for the Best Travel Purse
Benefits of Having a Travel Purse
If you still do not have a travel purse, chances are, it is because you have no idea how it can prove to be useful. Here are some of the benefits of a travel purse, which can convince you to buy one now:
- Convenience: It will provide you with convenient access to all of the things that you need to bring with you, such as passports, your phone, portable battery pack, light snacks, and travel documents, among others.
- Protection: As long as you choose the right travel purse, you can be confident that it is going to protect whatever is kept inside. The material should be thick enough so that it won’t be slashed. This is especially important if you are carrying your passport, credit cards, cash, and other valuables inside your bag.
- Style: For many people, traveling is an opportunity for them to be stylish. In fact, there is even such a thing known as airport fashion. If you are wearing the right purse, you can appear fashionable and you will surely be a head turner.
Essential Factors to Consider
In your search for the best travel purse, it is important to take the following factors into consideration, making it easier for you to make the right choice.
- Style: When you speak on the style of the purse, essentially, it will be all about the way that it is worn. In this case, according to experts, the best option is a cross-body bag. It is easy to carry and offers the protection that is needed by your things. It also leaves your hands free, giving you the freedom to walk as you wish. The best thing is that it is available in diverse style choices, making sure that there is something for everyone.
- Material: It is also critical to take a look at the materials that are used in the bag. It should be made from a thick fabric that is going to resist slashes. As always, leather is a good choice, not only because of its protection, but also because it is sure to be stylish.
- Anti-Theft Features: Look for a purse that is abundant in terms of features that will give you peace of mind that your things will be safe. One of the most important would be the presence of lockable zippers, which will prevent unauthorized access to your belongings. Most of the innovative travel purses also have RFID technology, which is going to be helpful in blocking any attempt to steal information from your card or passport. You can also choose one that comes with a hidden passport pocket, which will also give you a secured place to stash your cash.
- Size: This will be indicative of how much storage space is available inside the bag. If you plan to bring a lot of things with you, a bigger travel purse will be necessary. However, I personally recommend that you keep it small, while making sure that there is enough space for your stuff. If it is smaller, it will be easier for you to roam around.
- Organization: You also need to take a look at the organizational capability of the bag. This means that you should consider how organized your things will be once they are inside the bag. It is paramount to have small compartments or pockets. There should also be zipped pockets on the rear of the bag to provide you with easy access to things that you will frequently need.
- Closures: It is also important to consider how the purse will be opened and closed. The most common would be through having zipped closures. In this case, you have to make sure that the zipper is going to be long-lasting and will offer a high-level of security. Some can also be integrated with Velcro while others can only have a drawstring. A flap with a magnet is also common, although I do not recommend that you choose this bag because it can offer minimal protection for your belongings.
Travel Purse Tips
Choose one that is made from materials that are easy to clean. Travelling can expose you to outdoor pollution and overtime, dirt can accumulate in your bag. I recommend that you choose purse that is made with materials that will be effortless to clean and maintain.
Go beyond price. I personally believe that being cheap does not necessarily mean being a good choice, especially if it meant that quality will be compromised. I’d rather have an expensive purse if I know that it will be long-lasting.
Consider your destination. Are you headed to the beach, a city with a cosmopolitan vibe, or in an area that is far from civilization? Consider where you are going and you can find a purse that will perfectly match your destination.
My Top Picks for the Best Travel Purse
The products that will be mentioned below are my personal picks. Let me share with you some of the things that I loved about these travel purses.
One of the things that I loved about this travel purse is the fact that it is made from nylon. This is one of my favorite materials for travel bags because of the obvious reason – it is lightweight. In spite of its weight, however, it does not compromise protection.
I also loved that it comes with RFID blocking technology in one of its pockets. This will provide you with a safe spot to keep your passport and your credit card without being worried of possible stealing of information.
It is also impressive that it comes with slash-proof straps. This means that thieves cannot cut the strap and run away with your bag. Even if they use a sharp pair of scissors, I believe that they won’t be able to take the bag off.
The locking zipper is also exceptional. It is simple, yet it provides users with peace of mind. Once you have zipped the bag, just pull the zippers together and they can be closed. This means that it cannot be opened without having to take out the zipper from each other.
- Provides excellent protection from theft
- Comes with several compartments
- Latch on the strap easily gets loose
- Zipper lacks durability
One thing that I find awesome about this bag is the RFID blocking technology, which can give you peace of mind when carrying your passport and credit cards. This means that any attempt to retrieve information from you will be blocked because the bag has a special ability to restrict radio frequencies. Better be safe than sorry.
I also loved how spacious the main compartment is. It can provide you with generous space to keep all of your things. However, to think that the manufacturer markets it as a messenger bag, I think that the size is pretty much smaller than the standard.
The removable LED light is one more reason to love this bag. I find this truly useful if you are in a dark area and you have to look for something inside. Imagine you are in a pub or a bar where the lights are dim. The LED light will make it easy to see what is inside your bag.
Lastly, I am also a fan of its construction. The lightweight nylon that is used in this messenger bag makes it easy to carry, even if you will be walking for a long time.
- Too small for a messenger bag
- Strap can easily break
The use of genuine leather in this travel purse is a big plus for me. This is my kind of style – simple, yet it is attractive. There are no elaborate patterns. You might love this bag if you prefer something that is reflective of minimalism.
I also loved how the bag has more than enough space for your travel essentials. If you are looking for a purse that comes with generous space, this is something that you might love. It comes with four external zippered compartments, providing you with a lot of space.
The adjustable shoulder strap is also a good feature. This means that you can adjust the length of the bag as it hangs on your shoulder, depending on what you find to be most comfortable.
If you are searching for a travel purse that is easy to clean, this is one that you might appreciate. The leather does not easily attract dirt, and most of all, it is effortless to clean.
- Made from genuine leather
- Spacious even it is compact
- Has a weird, stinky smell
- Zipper quality could have been better
If you are on the lookout for a travel purse that comes with a simple design, this is one option that you might want to take into consideration. It is a neck stash, unlike in the case of other products I have previously mentioned, which have shoulder straps.
This is perfect if you just want to bring the essentials with you. It comes with a zippered pocket, which will provide you with an ideal space for keeping your cash. There is also a transparent window in the front, which is good for keeping your ID. It even has a compartment for your smartphone.
One more thing that I would love to emphasize about this travel purse is its low profile design. It is slim and compact. It can be conveniently hidden underneath your clothes, keeping it away from the sight of thieves.
The use of rip stop nylon is also a good thing. You might love it if you are after durability and a purse that is excellent when it comes to being lightweight.
- Keep dry
- Simple design
- Lack of space
- Not stylish
I personally loved how generous the bag is in terms of the storage space. There is a large interior space while there are also several exterior pockets, providing you with easy access to the things that you frequently need to take out of the purse.
The use of nylon as the main material is one more thing that I find impressive. It is durable and it is lightweight. However, there are some issues with the strap. It can be a bit rough on the skin, especially if you are wearing sleeveless top.
If you are searching for a bag that is made for a lot of walking, this is one option that you might want to take into account. It is made from lightweight materials, making it easy to bring along.
Lastly, I also admired how it looks. It may not be one of those chic bags, but if you prefer something that looks more rugged and casual, this is a travel purse that you might like.
- Generous space
- Lightweight fabric
- Affordable price
- Strap is rough
- Has a chemical smell
So, which one is the best travel purse? If I have to recommend only one, I’d say that it would be Travelon Anti-Theft Messenger Bag. It provides enough storage space for the essentials that you have to bring with you when you are traveling. There are interior and exterior zippers, providing you with generous space, yet it is smaller compared to most messenger bags. I also loved how there are locking zippers. You do not need to buy a lock. The zipper can clasp with each other to lock. There is also a zippered expansion pocket, which can be good for holding your camera or bottled water. When it comes to convenience, protection, and style, this is one option that you might also love!